THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Life

I attended this seminar called YLSS (Youth Life in the Spirit Seminar) and honestly I didn't really wanted to join. But I thought, "baka may magawa to sa buhay ko". OK? sounds mababaw.

It wasn't really easy, candidates of the said seminar which included me and my elder sister were supposed to attend weekly shepherding. I didn't want to attend because I thought that it'll be boring but it was summer and I had nothing to do back then and so I did. Every week, me, my flock mates and my shepherd meet to check on us. We were given a little book for us to read and a little notebook for us to write our reflections once we finished reading the passages.

That wasn't even the seminar proper yet. It was just to check on us so that we would be ready for the YLSS proper. Days before the YLSS proper, we were asked to have ONE-on-ONE with our shepherd. Para daw malabas namin lahat ng hinanakit sa kalooblooban namin. For me, it sounded good because I'd get to release all bad memories I had. "Malalabas ko narin lahat. Masasabi ko na ang lahat ng gusto kong sabihin." Take note: Everything that I've shared with my shepherd stays between the both of us, because in our community, there was a thing called LIPJASS, which means that every story that was shared will stay inside the flock. Nobody should know about it. So I was really confident to tell my shepherd everything.

The LSS proper was scheduled last May 9-11. For a moment I thought, "How can I go to Faj's birthday party when I have this seminar?" We were supposed to sacrifice things like using the computer, watching tv, partying, etc. And I decided not to go to Faj's birthday nalang. Everyday, there were sharers that talked about their experiences when they joined the seminar. Their stories really inspired me that I listened to all of them. Shocking? i KNOW! :))

May 10, Saturday, was the most important day of the seminar. It was time for us to received gifts from God and be slain by the Holy Spirit. Remember the Gospel when the Holy Spirit descended on the apostles and they spoke in tongues. I can do that now. I can speak in tongues,. I was really happy to receive this gift. Now, I'm still on to figuring if I received the gift of healing. Because when I slain, I felt like I was electrified, which means I received the gift of healing. I would like to have this gift.

The Holy Spirit did worked his power on me. Now, remember, when you're invited to one of these seminars or retreats, join. Never hesitate, it's God's calling :) NEVER BE AFRAID! :) God Bless

xoxo,
A

6 comments:

Cee ★ said...

Okay, taking it from you. :D

By the way, link kita ha. Ayos lang? :)

la ragazza semplice said...

yup2! sure. i'll link u too! :)

kim said...

buti ka pa! you've experienced God this summer! i desperately want to experience God at His best this summer. kasi feel ko i'm not myself anymore. i ant to go back to YFC. ewan kung anong meron sa akin. and i'm super depressed on things. hahay.

anyways, welcome to blogger! this way, we'll keep in touch with our thoughts. i-link kita now. comment ka rin sa blog ko. hehehe. :D

la ragazza semplice said...

dba sabi mo pag may YE sbhan kita? i think next yr pa. :)) dont wori, u'll get ur chance kim! hehehe :))

tnx2! keep in touch!

kim said...

that's ok adet. i think i'll not join na lang YE. kasi may commitment na ako sa YFC. hehehe. mahirap na. pero kung pupwede ako, bakit hindi. hehehe. :D

la ragazza semplice said...

oh ok kim. :) np :D